Job Title: HIRAAL Youth Center Manager
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Location: Hargeisa Somaliland
Deadline: July 09, 2022 (5:00Pm)
SOHASCO is a hybrid organization-both non-profit making, and service providing organization. The organization was established by a group of young people inspired to address the challenges faced by young people in terms of capacity building, political participation and empowerment of socio economics of youth in Somaliland. The experience and professional development that the founders acquired from youth related challenges coupled with their vast understanding in the NGO sector and Somaliland context inspired them to play innovative leadership roles in the youth empowerment through the establishment of this organization.
This position is required to manage the operation of recreation facilities dedicated to youth activities; to manage and coordinate youth and women programs and recreational activities; this position will manage and oversee the operations of the HIRAAL Youth Center and other facilities and youth programs as assigned.
- Manages and coordinates the day-to-day operation of the Youth Center.
- Plans, coordinates, promotes, develops, supervises, and evaluates a comprehensive program of recreation activities and services for all ages at the Youth Center and other assigned facilities and programs.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with community groups, governmental agencies, staff, and individual citizens of the community
- Assists with hiring, scheduling, training and evaluating assigned Center staff
- Coordinates logistics with various individuals and community groups for the use of the Center
- Provides rental information, interpretation of procedures, and permit requirements; promotes use of the facilities with community groups and private individuals
- Monitors compliance of agreements with a center users.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of Center facilities, grounds, and equipment
- Communicates with the youth to understand program needs, resolves disputes and provides effective feedback when dealing with sensitive youth concerns.
- Develops budget recommendations; implements and controls the adopted budget
- Prepares and presents proposals and reports on activities and services
- Recruits, directs, and monitors the work of volunteer assistants
- Schedules, trains, and evaluates full-time, part-time and contractual personnel
- Submits orders for supplies and equipment.
Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication skills (spoken/written), including the ability to listen to and incorporate the views of stakeholders; ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both verbally and in written); ability to tailor language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information
Teamwork: Proven ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Client orientation: Ability to identify clients’ needs and suggest appropriate solutions; ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; ability to foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning; and, ability to identify priority activities and adjust them as required.
- Advanced Master degree in Social Sciences, Education, or related fields.
- 4 years relevant working experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Computer literate, in particular MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Documents to be submitted: inception plan, 2 samples of previous work, CV, cover letter, and the original education certificates. Application will close by July 09, 2022 5:00pm afternoon. Any application not meeting the above will not be reviewed.
N.B: only females can apply in this position.